Thursday, July 14, 2005

Evening hours

It is night time and it is hot. It is a sticky, opressive heat that has turned the hills outside my door an ugly brown. It is a heat that makes the pavement shimmer and defeats the car's air conditioning system. The sun is down, but the house remains excessively warm inside. It is quiet except for the clicking of computer keyboards and mouses. It is funny, actually, to hear the stacato tappings coming from all corners of the house. It may be hot, but nothing keeps us from our computers. And yes, if I listen closely I can also hear the low mumble of the golf channel coming from the living room. My husband is a fanatic golfer. He and my father are the only two people on earth that I know of that can avidly watch golf on tv! Now, there it is! I can feel it...a welcome cool breeze is starting to waft through my open window. There is a perfect half moon high in the sky. I feel a nocturnal stroll coming on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home