Thursday, July 07, 2005

I applaud the In-N-Out Burger


Okay, here is a first. I finally made it to In-N-Out and tasted my very first In-N-Out burger.

Usually I avoid fast food restaurants like the plague and have pretty much given up on greasy fries and trying to discern the questionable origins of most fast food joint fare. I am especially leary about the partaking of such fare after hearing about the movie "Super Size Me" from friends who spare no details in describing the horrible impacts a month of eating food filled with perservatives and grease does to ones body. But, happily, I report that the In-N-Out burger is GREAT! It is made from the freshest of ingredients, nothing is frozen or added to or processed. The french fries are made before your eyes from real, yes, you heard me, real potatoes. The menu is simple and consists of hamburgers and cheeseburgers and the best milkshakes ever. This place is a real throw back and it makes me happy just to walk through its doors. Sorry to all those not living in California, Nevada and Arizona...the In-N-Out burger resides only in these states. You will just have to come and visit and we'll all go out for a burger together.

2 Comments:

At Friday, July 08, 2005, Blogger Mindy said...

Sounds a lot like our Five Guys on the east coast! Everything's made fresh, and plus they leave a big basket of peanuts in the shell that you can munch on while you're waiting for your order, and just drop the shells on the floor. Mmmmm.....I think I know what we're doing for dinner tonight! :-)

 
At Saturday, July 09, 2005, Blogger Francesco said...

Ok, la prossima volta che vengo a SF mi ci accompagnate! Qui a Roma un tempo c'era Burghy, ora solo Mac Donald's... e 'supersizeme' mi ha tolto la voglia.

Ciao!
Francesco

 

Post a Comment

<< Home