Monday, June 27, 2005

The ice cream man cometh

Saturday night friends came over for dinner. Among them was Roger. Roger works for Dryers ice cream and is king and czar of all flavors. He gets to decide which flavors of ice cream will make it or be axed from the Dryer line up. In the realm of brand managing jobs, not so bad to have ice cream taster as part of your job description. Of course, as would be expected, he brought ice cream for dessert. But, that he would bring 6 tubs of ice cream, plus the new Dryers Dibs, was something every hostess dreams of! We ate dinner, but gorged on ice cream in the kitchen later! We treated our palates to the ever delightful Rocky Road, the delicious Chocolate Fudge Chunk, the always pleasing Carmel Delight, the crowd's favorite Nestle Crunch and of course the new slow churned Double Vanilla. Roger tells me that as great as all these flavors are, the number one, two and three best sellers at Dryers are and continue to be...Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, and Old Fashioned Vanilla. America, we are so very proud of you! I have to say, that of the bunch I liked the new Dibs product the best. Dibs are like bite size ice cream bars. Roger says that he can fit 47 into his mouth at one time. They held a contest at the Dryers head quarters and he lost out to some guy from Fiji that can fit 68 Dibs into his mouth. I figure with a little self discipline and lots of practice, by the end of the summer I should be able to do just as well as the guy from Fiji...a person has to have goals, you know.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 29, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

Wow, beating that record is no mean feat..but what's a goal if it's too achievable??

I don't think we have Dryers in this part of the world yet. But for now, Haagen Daaz Chocolate Chocolate Chip works great for me. Yummy,I could be wrong but I think I'm drooling.

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005, Blogger Francesco said...

Ciao Melissa! Che carino questo blog :) Certo che ho visto C'è posta per te, anche quello l'ho apprezzato... e Sleepless in seattle è anche lui fra i miei preferiti. Io vivo a Roma, conosco abbastanza l'inglese (se preferisci scriverò in inglese la prossima volta) e sono stato a San Francisco nel 2001... mi è piaciuta un sacco! Grazie per avermi fatto visita, a presto!

Francesco (ceylon)

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005, Blogger Kristin said...

I am sooo jealous! I love ice cream...even tho it makes me sick (I'm lactose intolerant) I snarf it down anyway.
I think that's a great goal...one that will be useful in life :)
Have some vanilla for me...I like it as long as it's the good stuff...like Dryers!

 
At Monday, July 04, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

Hi amy,

The last time I checked..no Edy's. But we do infact have Dreyers' in our supermarkets, i just realised. Hmmm..after Mel's reccomendations, I would like to try some for myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home