Friday, June 10, 2005

What is up with the sun visors lately?

I don't know what is going on in your neck of the woods, but recently here in mine, there is a growing trend amongst some women in the neighborhood toward wearing oversize sun visors that cover the entire face. What is up with that? Now, I am not that much of a fashionista, but pleeaaasssse! This is not a good look for anyone. To walk around with your face covered by a huge piece of black plastic annoys me. If you ask me, and I know that you were just going to, it is a little anti-social and just plain weird. I get it. I get it. They are protecting themselves from the harmful rays of the sun. But, they look more like they are part of a hazmat clean up crew. Today, as I was headed out to the gym, a car cut me off. When I reached the light and pulled up beside said car, all I could see was a storm trooper visor covering the face of the offender. Great. Not only is said head device strange and anti-social, it also cuts off periferial vision and therefore is a catalyst for future collisions. I am all for sun protection and covering up against the harmful UVs but, I for one, will stick with a simple pair of Ray Bans, thank you very much!

1 Comments:

At Friday, June 10, 2005, Blogger Kristin said...

Whoo hoo! I get to be first! Yay!

Hi Melissa! I haven't had a chance (until today) to stop by your blog...I'll have to read more later.

I haven't noticed anything like this but I'll have to keep my eyes open while I'm stuck in traffic on the way home...hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home