Saturday, October 15, 2005

New addition to the family

Meet Sinbad. He is the latest addition to our family! Move over fish, there is a new dog in town. The kids are ecstactic and I am happy to report that we are all taking to Sinbad in a big way. Just take a look at that adorable beagle face! He is such a sweet little guy and we all fell in love with him immediately.

Just two short weeks ago I mentioned to a client of mine that we were kind-of-sort-of thinking about getting a dog. She sent me a link to the northern California Beagle Rescue Association. I went on-line just to check it out, but wasn't really going to act on anything unless I found a dog in our city. We were still getting used to the idea of getting dog and I didn't think we were prepared to drive all the way to Redding or Sacramento to get one. Well, of course, right away there was Sinbad's picture and he was located right here in town. I got my husband interested in him and we decided to send off a general inquiry about his availability. I didn't hear back about him for four whole days and was starting to think that someone else had adopted him. Then I heard word from John and Andy who were fostering Sinbad. Turns out they live only a few blocks away near the swimming pool where the kid's swim team is located. John let us know that there were thirty, count them all up, thirty, people interested in Sinbad! By this point we had all been staring at Sinbad's picture on-line and falling in love with him, so, as soon as I heard that, I immediately swung into action. I sent off another email to John, with the subject line "Meet the Muldoons" with pictures of our family and really layed it on thick , telling him about our boys and how we are a great family and any dog would love to adopt us. I guess that did the trick because John gave up in defeat & decided we were worthy of meeting this little beagle. He invited us on over to his house the next day to meet Sinbad and the rest is history.

Sinbad is now on a two week "sleep-over" with us. The sleep-over is a trial period for family and dog to bond before the final adoption and make sure we are all happy campers. So far so good. Looks like we have a new addition to the family...and that life will never been the same again!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, October 16, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

Sinbad looks absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on this new addition!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home