Thursday, February 17, 2005

Mission Peak Partners

My husband and I both have our own businesses and recently decided to incorporate. We are now Mission Peak Partners. The name seemed appropriate seeing as we live under the shadow of Mission Peak and I climb the hill every weekend. (I refer you to an earlier blog I wrote to bring you up to speed... Climbing Mission Peak

My husband and I both work out of our house. It is actually quite a nice arrangement. In the beginning it was a little bit of a shock and not without the normal adjustments one needs to make getting used to seeing one's partner 24-7. But, after a while we settled into a routine, expectations were managed and now we work sided by side quite compatibly. I work in the office at the front of the house and my husband in an office at the back of the house. My husband is a brand manager and for years worked in high powered corporate environments, commuted great distances and was a gold member of United's Frequent Flyer club. Now his commute is a short trip down the hall to the back bedroom. We meet in the kitchen for coffee breaks and lunch and then return to our respective corners to work some more. Working side by side has been great and on occasion we have had the chance to collaborate on a project or two...that is, in addition to the children we created together. For tax benefits and other legalities, we decided to reap the benefits of incorporation this year. I will continue to be known as Melissa Design but will function under the new corporate umbrella. Since we are an official corporation now and have successfully filed our papers and have an EIN number, I would now like to unveil the new company logo.....drum roll please!

Ta da!



Below is the unofficial logo of Mission Peak Partners...kind of my favorite, but my husband didn't think it quite set the tone for his management consulting business....still, I like the two cows smooching! FYI there are a lot of cows meandering about on Mission Peak...this seemed only appropriate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home