Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Further rantings from a crazed mind

I was kind of bummed out yesterday when I was cruising through some blogs to find out that there is so much negativity out there regarding Valentine's day. So much disdain and negative energy exhibited for this so-called commercial holiday. Being a graphic designer, I support holidays that require beautiful cards that express love and passion. If you aren't creative enough to make your own greeting card, well, at least support the industry that works hard creating beautiful images so that you don't have to. What a bunch of stick in the muds. Of course you can express your love any day of the week. Of course you don't have to have just one day set a side to do so. Why does every one have to be so gosh darn critical ALL the time? Kind of a selfish mopey attitude if you ask me. Lighten up! Have some fun. Enjoy life for a change. Let yourself have a party day already!

Staying on my soap box for a moment longer, I'd also like to say to the whiners and procrastinators of the world, get over that too. If you want to do something, do it. If you want to change something, change it. If you want to learn a language, get a new job, start a new project, get busy and DO it. Stop talking. I like people who say what they mean and do what they say. If you are stuck moping around doing the same old, same old and are unhappy, it is because you are afraid to change and actually like the status quo. So stop complaining. If you want something ask for it. I am so happy for Beth. She asked for flowers to be sent to her at work, she clearly stated her intentions and put her thoughts out into the universe and the next day she received a big bouquet of roses. I am a firm believer in fueng shui and visualization. Get rid of old stuff, clear out your spaces and allow new ideas and positive energy in. Visualize something in your mind, view it from all sides and before long it will be an actuality. Anyone spewing negative energy should be avoided at all costs.

That being said, I am going to do pilates and a vigorous work out. Enjoy your day too!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 15, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

You know, I think it takes either being a child or having a child to appreciate Valentines day. I spent the weekend with my oldest (7) - who was diligently gluing little hearts all over a fun foam heart. I am a reformed cynic. I proudly displayed all my lopsided, green and orange hearts. I think you're right...its about finding the space to find your inner Van Gogh.

 
At Wednesday, February 16, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

You have interesting entries. you're funny and i like the part where you wrote about Happy and Sad. Your funny bone could have rubbed off on your kids too.

I believe in feng shui too. i come from singapore and here, people pay big money to get their fengshui sorted before they start businesses. I dont take it too seriously thou..but i believe that clutter should be avoided at all costs and to stay away from toxic people.

cheers,
Natalie

 
At Wednesday, February 16, 2005, Blogger beth hintze said...

Yeah, preach it! :) I really just posted that bit about the roses to be funny, but I'm very excited that it actually happened! And it's times like these that I realize that I DO spend too much time complaining and wishing things were different instead of taking action and making them different! Thanks for the mention and I loved your FAME piece. Sounds like you live such a full life! Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home