Monday, June 06, 2005

Still procrastinating....

Well, the annual report that I am supposed to be working on is still sitting on my desk. This is so unlike me. Friday I had very good intentions of starting on it but, well, it was Friday, and after 10am I was well into my weekend mode and decided to wait to start fresh on Monday morning. Monday is here. I have checked my email, surfed the web, looked at a couple of blogs, and updated the family calendar. Out of the corner of my eye I can see it still sitting there next to my computer. From what I can tell it doesn't appear to be miracolously and spontaneously designing itself. Darn! Really have to get that thing started today. Double need to start the project today, because the client went and paid me for the first part of the project that I completed already...a logo that I designed. Now, I have no excuses, like, if they just paid me I would be so motivated to start the next project. Yes, decidly must start the annual report today.

That's when I decided to go take a shower. Like I really needed to take a shower and got dressed! Some Mondays, I will work in my pajamas all the way until 3pm when the kids come home. I even washed and ironed my hair. Like I really needed to do that. Who is really going to see me today. And ironing my hair! I have taken to straightening my frizzies with a hair iron I bought at the drugstore back in March. My obsession with having straight hair these days must come from some opposite response mechanism to having permed my hair for so many years. Yikes! But, now every time I straighten my hair with the iron, it makes me think of Susan Dey in the Partridge family when she used to iron her hair with a clothes iron. I feel one with Susan Dey. So, here I am back at my desk. Really gotta get going on that annual report. Any second now. It is going to happen. I can feel it. Hey, wait. I think there must be some laundry around here that needs doing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home