Wednesday, November 23, 2005

When the dog eats the pumpkin pies

It couldn't be more clichè...but the dog, it seems, has eaten the pumpkin pies that were cooling on the counter. I got a panicked call from my son on my cell phone shortly after I had left the house. "MOM, the dog jumped up on the counter and has eaten both pies!" I guess the dog, not content to eat the butter left out on the counter, has moved on to more delicatable treats...OUR THANKSGIVING DESSERT! My son came to the rescue though. Feeling partially responsible, seeing as he was babysitting and in charge of curtailing any doggy destructive antics, proceeded to whip up two more pies to replace the ones the dog had devoured. I guess I have a lot to be thankful this Thanksgiving...a dog that makes me laugh and a son that makes me proud.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, November 24, 2005, Blogger Contemplative Activist said...

rotfl - that's brilliant!

Wow to your son - able to cook pumkin pie, I am impressed :)

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005, Blogger Janet said...

Hope your family had a great Thanksgiving. (And that the dog's tummy agreed with 2 pies! Wow! That's a lot of pie.)

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

hahaha...you've got a real greedy dog:) Either that or the pies were just crazy delicious.

And kudos to your son for saving the day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home