Monday, January 31, 2005

Three things I did this weekend

1. Country Line Dancing
2. Attended the Theater
3. Made Eggplant Parmigiano

Who knew that there was a country line dancing bar only fifteen minutes from my house! When a friend invited my husband and me to attend her birthday party held at the Saddle Rack for a free dance lesson and all the beer (expensive and not so free) you can drink, we enthusiastically accepted her invitation. Line dancing turned out to be pretty fun, and the two step waltz was kind of nifty, that is, when my husband wasn't treading on my red, high heel backless shoes, causing me to catapult backwards and land on bare feet.

Mental note: High heel, backless shoes, even though they look fabulous, definitely are not the foot gear to wear when you are two stepping at a country western bar.

Who knew Ohlone junior college had a theater only five minutes from my house! Okay, it was an afternoon matinee and the play was "Harry the Dirty Dog". But, still, the sets were fun, the actors animated AND my son received an autograph from "Harry" the dog after the show. Can't beat that.

Mental note: Always keep a pen and paper in purse so that son does not have to use the back of a Target receipt to have autographs signed on.

Who knew I would actually feel like cooking something this weekend! We've been living on Lean Cuisines, Mac & Cheese and Chicken nuggets (the kind with out trans fats, thank you very much!) With all this blogging going on, and between work, the kids and all the other internet chat groups I have to keep up with there just isn't time in my day to cook. The eggplant parmigiano turned out pretty great, despite the fact that the kids held out for a frozen pizza in the end.

Mental note: Kids do not like eggplant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home