Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Bending time

What is going on today? Have the stars realigned, is the earth tilting in a new direction. Has there been a solar flair? Today I was an hour early to pick up my son from practice and an entire week early to a hair appointment. Usually I try to pack more in my day than is humanly possible. I am therefore, always pushing the envelope of time management, which is a decorative way of saying I am perpetually late. Oh, I'm organized, I love making lists, setting goals and getting things accomplished. So, organization or lack there of, is not the issue. Perhaps it is arrogance on my part. I assume I can control time and make it bend to my will. Therefore, I always think there is time for one more task, time to send one more email, or time to make one more change to a website. I am, as a result, always rushing out the door, speeding down the freeway or impatiently waiting at a traffic light. I guess I hate to waste a moment of my day, but in the end cause myself more panic and alarm. But, today, suddenly I find that I am actually ahead of schedule. Ironically my mess up has caused me not to be be late, but to actually be early!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home