Monday, February 07, 2005

Miracles of Santo Fico

I just finished reading "The Miracles of Santo Fico" by D.L. Smith. I am happy to report in, that I found the story to be light-hearted, enjoyable and almost fable-like. Definitely a fun read, and it doesn't hurt a bit that the story takes place along the coast in Tuscany. As I got into the story, I found it hard to put down. In fact, one day last week I was so engrossed in the story that I almost forgot to exit the train. Had I not been distracted by the conductor blaring over the load speaker that the train had switched to an outbound express, I would have found myself zooming back along the rails toward San Francisco. "Miracles" is a sweet story that describes how small acts of kindness and understanding by the inhabitants of a small, forgotten Italian village, can ultimately lead to greater changes that touch the hearts of those very same individiuals. The characters are delightful, if not fallible, and the story is witty, with funny twists and turns. Magnifico! I give it two thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home