Friday, February 04, 2005

More interesting tidbits

I stole this blog quiz from my friend Mindy's blog and she in turn borrowed it from someone named Neil. It is Friday night and all I really want to do is go and put my pajamas on and mindlessly watch Joan of Arcadia, but decided instead that it might be kind fun to give this a whirl...

1: Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says: "Create HTML documents in Dreamweaver, easily add page title, or background color. See, "Setting Up a Document" on page 149." (Kind of a boring Dreamweaver manual...wish my copy of The History of Impressionism were sitting a little closer so that I could have impressively used that instead.)

2: Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
New Laura Pausini CD "Resta in Ascolto"

3: What is your favorite vegetable?
I will have to go with corn

4: What is your earliest memory?
Having a morning snack of milk and almond windmill cookies in the garden by the side of our house

5: What is the last thing you watched on TV?
"Will & Grace" reruns every night at 11

6: WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is:
8:07 p.m.

7: Now look at the clock; what is the actual time?:
8:09 p.m. Rats, I'm missing Joan

8: With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
My son talking on the phone with his friend Chengez about all the kids on their newly formed baseball team (yes, in California baseball season has started!)

9: When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
This afternoon. I went to the park to visit with my friend Roberta. Our kids played and we chatted in Italian.

10: Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
Impariamo...checking in on my chat group

11: Did you dream last night?
I dreamt that I was talking with Rick Steves about my lifelong dream to learn German. Very bizzare, but that doesn't beat the dream I had last week. I dreamt that my radio alarm clock was also an aquarium. We lost power temporarily, and as I was resetting the clock, the fish began to float up and out of the tank like soap bubbles. I tried to grab them and put them bank in the tank, but they were slippery and hard to hold onto. I was afraid that they were getting too much air, and then my worst fears were realized as their eyes began to pop out and then the fish, one- by-one, began to plop down to the floor. Good thing my real alarm went off just about then....

12: When did you last laugh?
I laughed a lot this afternoon with Roberta...especially when she asked to borrow my halloween costume for mardi gras. She said her husband Paolo thought I made a fetching fairly odd mother in my purple wig and pink wings, and thought Roberta would too.

13: What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A painting of Italy that I did last August, lots of faux roman-looking architectural details, another painting by me, my framed Master's Degree Diploma from the University of Illinois, two calendars with scenes of Italy, a bronze plaque of an egyptian goddess (that I bought at the Art Institute in Chicago two years ago) a small silver angel with the inscription "It was her thinking of others that made you think of her" by Elizabeth B. Browning (my mom gave it to me for Christmas last year)

14: Seen anything weird lately?
While riding BART, I saw a girl yawn and got a very good view of her pierced tongue. While on the subject, how can you live with a pierced tongue? Is it really THAT comfortable? I don't get it.

15: What do you think of this quiz?
Well, I am having some fun, after reading Mindy's answers I felt compelled to share with the world yet some more fascinating details of my life

16: What is the last film you saw?
Aviator. Disturbing and sad...can't say it was my favorite, but enjoyed Cate Blanchette as Hepburn

17: If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
A brand spanking new Mac computer...biggest flat screen ever made, upgrade all my software, and then go find the whitest, sandiest beach next to the bluest ocean (I'm thinking Greece) and lay on it for an entire week!

18: Tell me something about you that I don’t know.
I paint my toe nails red.

19: Do you like to dance?
Yes, when I am not wearing high heel backless shoes.

Great, all finished...here I come tv and pajamas

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 07, 2005, Blogger Mindy said...

Your meme was much more interesting than mine! :-)

A presto,
Mindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home