Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I have a cold...or is it allergies?

Since yesterday morning, I have been suffering from cold-like symptoms. However, I am not entirely convinced that I actually have a cold, as it hasn't manifested itself into a full-blown, stuffy-nose, sore-throat kind of deal, and seems to have more characteristics suspicious of just being a run of the mill, garden variety, allergy to pollen. I wasn't even sure I was feeling up to blogging this afternoon, as my head is kind of fuzzy and my nose is twitching, and the idea of a nap was starting to seem appealing and necessary. But, after having some acorn squash soap, some cashews, a bowl of blueberries, and of course a big handful of Girl Scout cookies, I'm feeling slightly more coherent than I was an hour ago.

I was watching CNN yesterday and heard an interesting statistic. Did you know that happy couples tend to heal physical and surgical wounds 40% faster than unhappy couples? Just a interesting little factoid to mention at your next cocktail party. At any rate, this is an encouraging statistic for me, since I consider myself lucky enough to live with a guy who makes me laugh on a daily basis and who asks me to marry him about twice a week. He watches Italian movies with me, eats whatever I cook without complaining (whether it be something suspect and reheated in tupperware or something gourmet and divine served on the good china) and cheerfully puts up with my mood swings. Oh, we have our moments when we don't see eye to eye on things. But, the nice thing is, that neither of us harbours grudges when we do argue; after a cooling off period, we don't continue stewing around about something trivial or carry around excess baggage. We can get mad at each other, but after we have stated our minds, the air clears and we continue on without continuing to dream up instances of perceived slights, or feeling the need to even a score by doing or saying mean things. About twice a month, we go on a date together. When one of us starts feeling that the other is concentrating a little too much on their own particular work or extracurricular activities, the other will suggest that it is time to spend some time together alone. We find sitters for the kids and we go out and see a movie and have dinner, just the two of us; we reconnect, talk and listen to each other.

My head is starting to get fuzzy again and I'm starting to sneeze and I'm not sure where I was going with this blog. I guess, if you are to believe CNN, then my cold should be getting better; maybe I am on the mend and by tomorrow I will be the picture of health once again. On the other hand, if it is just allergies (I wonder what CNN has to say about allergies) I may be sneezing for a couple of more days. Regardess, I think a nap is sounding better and better. Or maybe I should just have a another handful of Girl Scout cookies....

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 08, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Hope its a short lived bug! I also wanted to mention that I peeked at some of your paintings...and I much like your talent!

 
At Tuesday, March 08, 2005, Blogger Janet said...

Hope you are feeling better!

 
At Friday, March 11, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

Your husband asks you to marry him twice a day? all husbands can take a leaf out of that. infact, they should throw in a diamond ring with every proposal..hehe

i agree that people in healthy relationships heal faster base on the fact that some of my friends who are in poor relationships often suffer in health too. my good friend always told me her boyfriend was making her 'sick' literally. Now that she's ditch the old guy, she's never quite the sickly person she was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home