Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ocean's 12

I can't believe I hadn't seen Ocean's 12 before tonight. What a great movie. Who knew that parts were set in Italy...always a plus. It's a good thing we watched it on DVD because we could stop & start & rewind the movie as much as we wanted to review and discuss the complicated plot twists. I have to admit that I thought the whole thing was pretty humorous and enjoyed the bantering between all the characters. And, I now have a new favorite movie line. At one point, Matt Damon's character is brainstorming a plan to have Ocean's wife, Tess (played by Julia Roberts) mascarade as the real movie actress Julia Roberts (because she bears a resemblance to her) to steal a Faberge egg. (Pay attention! I told you it was a complicated movie!) The other guys think it is an outrageous idea, but are slowly convinced that it might work. During all this, one guy comments to Damon about the plan:

"It's Italian television crazy....and we are still watching."

I laughed out loud, since recently Francesco and I have been discussing the merits of Italian television and I know that Mindy is not a big fan of Italian programming either. I, on the other hand, know it is crazy...but I AM STILL WATCHING! It seemed to hit home...another one of those, I guess you had to be there moments! Oh, go watch the movie, already!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 20, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

Ocean 12 is a great movie! very witty indeed. But, I don't remember much about the movie now...most of the time, i was busy ogling at george clooney and matt damon. sigh...

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2005, Blogger Francesco said...

eheheheeh, uhm ok I will :) I haven't seen Ocean's 11 yet, maybe some ten euros in blockbuster could help me rent the two movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home