Thursday, September 01, 2005

Good karma

The other day I was standing outside the elementary school, checking out the posted list of teachers and room assignments for the coming school year. I looked up and saw a friend. The first thing she said to me was "You are going to live to be a hundred years old." I wasn't expecting that to come out of her mouth at that particular moment. I thought I hadn't heard correctly and was slightly mystified. "What!" I asked. She explained to me that in India, if you are thinking about someone and that person appears before you, than that person will have a very long life. "Well!" I thought on my way home...It is nice to have encountered some good karma, in addition to working out all the kinks in the car pool schedule. Now THAT is good karma!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 03, 2005, Blogger beth hintze said...

Melissa, thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate your concern. It's very strange to be living only two hours from the worst natural disaster this country has ever experienced. I consider it the worst national disaster as well, but that's a whole 'nother blog. It has presented our area several unique challenges, but how could we refuse anything that has asked of us?! Ok, that's another blog as well, I'm waxing very philosophical in the aftermath! Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home