Thursday, August 11, 2005

Painting pottery, the Prince of Savoia and being missed

My friend Jenny called me up yesterday and wanted to know if I would go along with her to this new shop that has opened up here in town where you can paint your own pottery. I had driven by the place a couple of times and thought it looked like fun, so I said sure. Turns out there were a bunch of friends going and food and wine were involved as well. Sounded like a lot of fun! We got to the place around 5pm and picked out the ceramic pieces we wanted to decorate and then filled our palattes with paint and then set to work. Jenny is just back from a trip home to England and a sideways trip down to Rome, so we had a lot to talk about. She also brought me back the magazine "Gente" from the Rome airport, so now I can get all caught up with controversial news about Italian actresses like, Sabrina Ferilli and how Emanuele Filiberto (prince of Savoia) spent his summer vcation. Sweet!

It was quite nice to paint, chat and not have to worry about kids and fixing dinner for anyone...as a result we all stayed until the shop closed at 9. As I was leaving I noticed that I had missed four phone calls all placed from home...and then the phone rang again. It was my six year old calling a fifth time. Kyle has learned by heart my cell phone number and takes great delight in calling me when I am not with him, even if I have only left him momentarily for a quick trip to the grocery store. If I don't hear the phone ring and pick up, he leaves me messages like these. "Hey mom, ummmm, I was just wondering where you were. I hope you are having a great time. I miss you. By the way, this is Kyle. I just wanted to know when you were coming home. Okay, bye. Oh, just one more thing...(sound of him blowing me a kiss on the phone)...Okay. Bye. See you soon."

I just like going away, so I can get messages like these. It is nice to be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home