Friday, December 16, 2005

getting ready for the big party!

Every year we throw a big holiday party a week or so before Christmas. It has become a Muldoon holiday tradition and everyone looks forward to it every year. If I have a brain freeze and inadvertently forget to invite someone, they will call me to ask when the party will be!

I love our holiday party because it is a chance to collect together all the people that we hang out with through out the year. We typically include neighborhood friends, soccer friends, swim team friends, baseball friends, work friends, school friends, Italian friends, boyscout friends, and in the case of my oldest son, girl friends AND ex girl friends! We have quite the crowd, and because I request that everyone bring a dish to share, we have quite A LOT of interesting & delicious food to eat!

Parties are great because they provide an excellent excuse to clean up and declutter the house. Lucky for me I just need to straighten up because, my husband has volunteered to run to Costco to stock up on food and wine. He must have forgotten how much he hated doing it last year. Last year when he went, he ended calling me every five minutes on the cell phone to tell me how horrid the traffic was, how bad the parking was and that the lines were infernal. Needless to say, he wasn't a very happy camper. Mental note to self: remember to keep cell phone turned off until he gets home from Costco!

Anyway, the party is this Saturday. If you are in the area stop on by and join us...just remember to bring something really yummy to eat (and remember to take your shoes off at the door...like an idiot I just had the carpets cleaned two days ago and it is supposed to rain this weekend!) Let's party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home