Friday, February 18, 2005

Chia Pet Project Day 4

Every year for Christmas I ask for a Chia Pet. No one has ever taken me seriously before, thinking that I was just kidding around. Every year when I hear the cha cha chia pet commercials flooding the commercial waves I jump up and down and exclaim "That's what I want for Christmas!" Well, finally this year someone got the message. My son Ryan, who is now of the age where he thinks random ideas are fabulous, went right out and bought me my very own Chia pet. He choose appropriately enough, the form of an alligator because his swim team is called the Gators. Well, the Chia pet sat around on the desk in my office for the entire month of January. The kids kept bugging me, with "mom, you wanted the Chia pet so badly and now you aren't even making it!" My six year old especially liked to pepper me with questions as to when we were going to make our Chia pet grow. He is a mover and a shaker and never one to sit idly by when there is some exciting project or activity that he can be getting his hands into. But, I as fate would have it, I got caught up in business of daily living and zooming around, not to mention my new blogging activities that have seriously cut into any Chia Pet seeding moments that I might have had. But, finally last week, I deemed it to be the appropriate moment to break the Chia pet out of it's box and start it a-growing. So, stay with us as we watch the Chia pet grow......!

Day 4 of the Chia Pet Project (I didn't think to start taking pictures until four days into our little grow fest)



p.s. yes, that is Princess Leia standing in the cow/milk pitcher to the right of the Chia pet. Why you ask? Because I saved her from a fate worse than death... abandonment at the bottom of the toy bin. I've got boys...remember!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home