Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Business is booming!

Things are going pretty well work-wise. I just signed two new clients this afternoon who want new websites and I have been notified by three existing clients of more work on the way! Since early this morning I have been consistently working away, with hardly any breaks, on a variety of different client projects. I have been making monthly updates to web sites and finalizing a new logo and setting up layouts for business cards, powerpoint presentations, and word documents using the new logo design. I only took a moment out, I swear, to check in on La Bacheca, to chat for a few moments, before returning to press my nose to the computer screen and start updating Dreamweaver templates and selecting colors from my Pantone color guide.

It has been one of those days, in which I started working the moment my children left for school and stayed in my pajamas all the way up until twelve o'clock. I ate a Garden Burger Spicy Chicken patty on a taco with salsa for lunch (a staple lunchtime entree!), while sitting at my desk. It was kind of messy so I had to wipe down the key board a couple of times. Kind of gross. I dashed out between projects to pick up the kids from school and then was back at my desk, fielding homework questions and helping with spelling as I researched the best place to register a new domain name for a client. I am in a complete zone of work and new projects and am being fueled by Hershey kisses filled with carmel. Mmmmm...dangerously good, and dangerous in general because when I get in a focused work mode, such as I am today, I tend to forget how many I have consumed.

Finally, I am starting to clear my desk of urgent projects and can now turn to a really fun one. I have a client for whom I am creating a package design that requires an illustration, such as you find on Tuscan pottery! This is such a fun project, that I can hardly believe that I am being paid to do it. Just as much fun as creating the designs for Mindy's La Bacheca last week. What can I say, some jobs are so much more enjoyable because of the fun people you get to work with and the images are rich with beauty and potential. The design just sometimes seems to fall into place!

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 16, 2005, Blogger Mindy said...

Business is booming - that's fantastic! Although it comes as no surprise. You're very talented, and your work speaks for itself. You did such a great job on La Bacheca that I go to the website during the day, several times actually, just to look at it! It was so wonderful working with you on it, and I'm quite confident we'll be working together on other projects in the future. Ci sentiamo!

--Mindy

 
At Wednesday, March 16, 2005, Blogger Melissa Muldoon said...

Thanks Mindy!! I'm thrilled that you like the site so much...it was really a fun project and really great to work with you. Non vedo l'ora di cominciare un altro progetto con te! A presto!

 
At Friday, March 18, 2005, Blogger compassioNAT said...

Melissa,

it sure sounds to me that you're enjoying your work, no matter how hectic it's getting. i no longer meet people who enjoy what they do for a living..and i think that's so sad just cos we live only once, why not do what we love? when i tell people that i'm having a good time at work, they become a little skeptical.

anyway, i'm very happy for you. business is certainly swelling for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home