Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Verbina is blooming

Well, it is starting to bloom and with a little luck (and a few less snails) the hill will soon be covered in a purple carpet of flowers. Here is a shot of our garden taken only moments ago!



Directly in the center of the picture is my rosemary bush. I use it all the time when I am making pasta dishes. Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs, and I specifically wanted it in my garden. Who knew that Rosemary would grow large and rampant in California! I have to keep trimming it back every couple of months because it wants to become a tree!



See all those pots lined up against the wall...that is my herb garden. It is dormant now, but pretty soon, half of the pots will be filled with basil plants and those remaining, with sage, thyme and Italian parsely. I can almost taste the pesto now! With spring comes inspiration. Maybe I'll start cooking again!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 16, 2005, Blogger Melissa Muldoon said...

The Chai pet is alive and well...but shorn like a sheep. He grew so much "chia" that he overbloomed himself and we had to cut him down. Then we decided to just start all over again with a new chia crop. I'm not really sure if we should have been harvesting our crop and using it on salads...not really sure what we were growing in the first place, other than a green shoots on a ceramic animal! Your herb chias sound terrific! Mine is just the standard, plain ol' garden variety chia...

 
At Monday, March 21, 2005, Blogger Melissa Muldoon said...

Oh my Ruthie! I think you need to start talking to your plants some more! (or at the very least apologize to the plant you ran over!) I would have to say that I am a bit of a lazy gardener and work in the garden only when the spirit moves me...which means for the most part I plant the flowers, shoo the snails away and cross my fingers and hope that the rest will all take care of itself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home