Thursday, January 12, 2006

How do you measure satisfaction?


How do you measure satisfaction? Well, I have recently discovered the perfect way.

The other day my vacuum cleaner died. Now, I am not a very avid vacuum cleaner to begin with, but I figured I had better get the thing replaced...you know, just because everyone should have a working vaccum cleaner. So, on a recent shopping expedition to "Bed Bath & Beyond" I picked a new one up. I had bopped over to the mall with the idea of outfitting my son's room with some new curtains and comforter. He has been living with a baby blue gingham patchwork bedspread for years now, and we both kind of realized at the same time that at fifteen he is ready for something a little more hip and happening. Anyway, as we were searching for the duvet covers we came across the vacuum cleaner display. And there is was - the Dyson Animal Vacuum. You must know the Dyson commercials...the ones that feature the English guy who asks "Have you been let down by your vaccum cleaner lately?" and claims to have refined his vacuum after creating 5000 prototypes. Well, anyone who spends that kind of time thinking about a vacuum cleaner has my vote. This machine is supposed to have more suction power than any other machine and is touted as being the best for picking up dog hair and dander. Now I was really sucked in, pun intended, and I bought the thing.

Once home, I set it up, well okay my son set the thing up because I hate to read manuals, and then I started to vacuum. Never in my life have I ever enjoyed vacuuming more. And the best part of the machine, is the clear cartridge where all the dust and junk collect, where you can actually see how effective the machine is being. The cartridge literally fills up instantaneously with dirt, grit and dog hair. Who knew that we lived in so much dust to begin with! I was amazed and yes, in a weird way a little thrilled.

Now, I just vacuum the carpets for the fun of it to see how much crud I can vacuum up. Heck, we all kind of fight over who is going to vacuum the carpets and I have taken to leaving it out in plain sight out instead of putting it away, just because it is a thing of beauty and amazement. Even the dog loves the "Animal" and follows me all over the house when I am vacuuming as if he wants a turn at it. If I don't get anything else done all day, at least I have the satisfaction that I have vacuumed up several canisters of dust out of our carpets. Does life get any better than that? Where else can you measure satisfaction like that?

1 Comments:

At Thursday, January 26, 2006, Blogger Janet said...

Our vacuum is on its last legs. We'll have to look into this one when we go shopping for a new one.

With two cats (one long-hair), 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit and a gerbil, we have to vacuum a lot. Our vacuum has to be able to take a punch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home