Saturday, February 18, 2006

Friday the 17th


Did you know that in Italy Friday the 17th is considered unlucky? Well, it is...kind of like Friday the 13th for many Americans. I was out to lunch yesterday with some Italian girl friends when they brought this up. One of my friends scoffed at this but then proceeded to tell me how just that morning a little boy in her son's classroom had fallen and split his lip open. Spooky! As we ate lunch at a new pizza place that had just opened up near us, the skies began to darken. Ominous! By the time we walked out of the restaurant it was drizzling and by the time we got in our cars to drive off to pick up our children from school the drizzle had turned into rain. Inconvenient! As I was nearing home, the rain had stopped. But, as I looked up at the hill behind our house I was dumbfounded. There was snow covering the top of Mission Peak. Shock! And after I had just been telling everyone how warm and sunny California was in January and February...it goes and snows in practically in my very own backyard! I am starting to believe in the power of supersition. Friday the 17th OR Friday the 13th, I can take my pick...but now I have two spooky dates to beware of!!!!

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 13, 2006, Blogger compassioNAT said...

hahaha...Funny!

Come to think of it, March 17 falls on a Fri- that's this week! Wish I could stay at home and lie on the bed all day long...then again, i could get bed sores...who knows?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home