Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What I am watching on TV lately

Well, of course I am in love with "Grey's Anatomy". That goest without saying. How great it is when Sunday rolls around, and I suddenly remember on my way home from the gym or from some inane weekend errand that the show will be on later in the evening. I have to say that I get a kick out of Sandra Oh's character. She is a hoot. And, darn it if I don't cry at the end of every episode. I love a good show that makes you cry.

Then of course there is "Invasion". Once again, my middle of the week is brightened when I suddenly remember around 6pm, about the time I am desperately scrounging through the refrigerator trying to come up with a dinner plan, that another piece of the alien drama unfolding in the Florida keys will be revealed. In fact, it starts just one hour from now...so I'd better hurry up with this blog! How great was it last week when the semi-transformed alien showed up bouncing around featuring just the head of Dave and a tadpole body. Simply great.

And then, I hate to admit it, but yes, I have formed a disgusting fascination for "The Bachelor in Paris". Yes, ugh! I turn on the show every Monday night and watch desperate women throw themselves at what they perceive is the love of their lives, the love that they just met under contrived and scripted circumstances. And yet I continue to watch this perverse human drama, knowing full well that nothing will ever come of these couples and the whole thing is simply ridiculous. I like to watch I guess so I can roll my eyes and be disgusted and feel so much better about my self! Yes that's it...or is it the cat fights and the fabulous locations...they did venture over to Venice last week...Yes, that must be it! Okay so what are you guys watching?

3 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Blogger Melissa Muldoon said...

I watched the first couple of episodes of "Lost" and then stuff got in the way and I didn't for a long time...I have tried to pick it up again but now I am completely LOST. I even spent about twenty minutes on line trying to read through each episodes story line to get caught up...but it wasn't much help...the recaps ran mostly like this..."so and so goes into the jungle and has a big surprise, returns and alerts the group" or "so and so is traumatized by something that happens to her unexpectedly while she is walking on the beach"...this was just plain un helpful and I hadn't any more of a clue what was going on...well, perhaps I just wasn't reading the right stuff. I will have to have you walk me through the plot lines, I guess!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I do enjoy "The Office" although I have to say each episode is excrutiatingly painful to watch.

 
At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

I love The Office too - Steve Carrell is fantastic - and I, too, find it so painful to watch! I actually look away or cover my eyes - same as when I used to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm - another great show (we don't get HBO anymore though).

I also watch Two and a Half Men - John Cryer is wonderful. I can't remember seeing him in anything since Pretty in Pink!

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006, Blogger Jessica said...

I'm newly addicted to Greys Anatomy. Last Sunday's opener with Sandra Oh and Isaiah Washington dancing in the apartment was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I laughed so hard.
That darn Meredith though, toying with George, for shame!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home