Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What's up with me lately


It's Valentine's Day. We ate a big fat chocolate cake for dinner. Well, okay for dessert, but really that was the most spectacular part of the meal. Our family was slightly diminished tonight. My husband and oldest son left for New York this morning. My husband is overseeing the taping of radio ad spots for YoCrunch Yogurt this week and thought my eldest son would benefit from the experience. We all read the scripts for the humourous ads that the New York agency wrote and we listened to the audition tapes for the actors and each of us put in our two cents about which voices we preferred. Seeing all the pieces coming together in the final taping will be a lot of fun for Ryan. Who knows, maybe he has a future in advertising.

Meanwhile I stay back home and keep the home fires burning, working away on the YoCrunch website and websites for a bunch of other new clients. We had a momentary crisis the other day when someone, namely my husband! left the back gate open and the dog cruised out into the big bad world. A neighbor knocked on our door to alert us to the fact that she had seen our dog running down the street. Long story short, Sinbad was found several blocks away from the house. Quite a big scare for the whole family and we are thankful that Sinbad is back home safe and sound. I am keeping a more watchful eye on the back gate these days.

I was asked to join a bookclub and had my first meeting last Thursday night. It is an interesting group of women comprised of friends who are Italian, English, Argentinian and American. We discussed a book about life in the south during the depression. Interesting discussion from the point of view of non natives. Next month we are discussing "Wisdom's Daughter" by India Edghill a story about Solomon and Sheba. Stay tuned to see if I like the book. What I am really into these days are a series of Italian comic books called "Dylan Dog". Kind of weird and scary story lines about a guy who investigates surreal and bizzare phenomenon. But, I find that the I get a kick out of reading the Italian and think it helps with grammar and vocab.

My son has a new best friend named Tiko. Tiko has bright red hair and it turns out his family is from Denmark and recently moved into the neighborhood. The two are inseparable and play with their remote controlled rebound super bikes for hours in the driveway. Just saying "rebound super bike" makes me laugh out loud. It literally bounces of walls and continues to motor on. We went to see the Pink Panther last weekend. Kyle, a fervent watcher of commercials (well maybe he is the one that will really have a future in advertising!), was counting down the days until the film was released. It was fun, but I have to admit that I think I liked the opening cartoon during the credits the best of all.

My husband gave me a big bunch of flowers and chocolates for Valentines Day. That and a massage at the gym where we work out. Who could ask for a better present than a massage...working out those knots and kinks in your neck is the perfect way to say "I love you!"

1 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

Isn't Dylan Dog addictive??!! Wonder if there are any DD book clubs around? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home